Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Touch of Crazy...

There are times that I look at my life and the only thought that comes to mind is "I really must be crazy..." Not because of anything other than the sheer overwhelming aspect of the things I bring upon myself. I have always wanted to be one of those old women who has so many stories of things I have done, places I have gone, and people I have cared for, that the reaction is "when did you have time to do it all?!" So, knowing that is one of my goals, it is no surprise that I create situations much like the next month of my life!

I found out about two months ago, that I was going to be a product of cutbacks come December. Being young, and owning virtually no furniture (including an actual bed), I figured now was as good a time as any to once again embark on all the possibilities the world has to offer. I began applying to jobs all over the country.. literally. I applied for roughly 70+ jobs.... And, for anyone who has never filled out an online job application they take FOREVER, and it is the same information over and over, asking the same thing "Why are you perfect for us?" When the answer is the same every time "Because, I'm me."

I heard back from 12 places saying "thanks, but no thanks."However, I did hear from a job near Washington, DC asking me to come for an interview. So, I packed up and took the 3 hour trek for the interview... deathly ill taking as much medicine as I could get my hands on without overdosing! The interview went well and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everyone was. I waited for about a week in a half before hearing back that I was the top candidate and they were able to give me a fantastic benefits package as well as the pay I would need to handle the massive jump in cost of living!

So, I accepted the job and start in just over 2 weeks...Meaning, I have to train people at my current job on the various tasks I do, finish the last 2 weeks of my class, start a new class, pack, find an apartment, move, and begin a new job all in the just over 2 weeks.... I have decided I may or may not be insane!

So, here I go, moving.... again.

Really I am crazy, I know.
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment