Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving...

I don't know how many times you have moved recently, but, apparently I have ADD when it comes to staying put. I love change, but I realized not long ago that maybe I should consider staying put for a while. Let me share a bit about the math that is my apparent affinity for moving...

During my college years I moved to and from school 4 times, then to and from camp 4 times.. If you do the math, that's 16 moves in 4 years alone, not including moving home for the holidays.

However, In the 3 years since college, I am getting ready to make my 7th move. Meaning I have packed everything I own into too many boxes, trying to cram way too much into my car... only to move it to a new location and unpack it... and then not be able to find ANYTHING for weeks even though I marked every box. I have moved 4 times in the last year in a half alone... Not to mention, I have painted and re-painted way too many walls in the last couple years..

Now might be a good time to mention, I do not own a bed, nor any couches or tables. I sleep on an oversized air-mattress, and have lived with girls who have enough furniture that it does not matter what I do or don't have. However, based on the reactions I have gotten, you would think it is the worst thing ever that I do not actually own a bed. When someone acts like I am too poor to afford a bed, I graciously try explaining to them the scenario that is my life...

How in the world would a girl possibly move a regular mattress (probably a queen size) and a box spring, plus a bed and frame all by herself?! Did I mention, I lived on the third floor for 8 months, and currently live down a flight of stairs.. and am moving into the upstairs of another house in less than a week. I don't care HOW comfortable the bed is, it is NOT worth that much work. I am perfectly content to deflate my bed, stick it in the backseat and air it back up with the flip of a switch wherever my destination takes me next... haha

Oh moving how I love to hate thee...
~K


No comments:

Post a Comment